After positive cases in pupils and staff, seven schools in Greater Manchester were closed. Just a few days later reopening of the schools, the pupils returned to their homes.
According to the latest announcement, here is the list of schools in Greater Manchester that positive cases were reported :
- Westfield Community School in Wigan
- Oasis Academy Aspinal, Gorton
- The Divine Mercy RC Primary, Rusholme
- Little Lever School, Bolton
- Co-op Academy Failsworth, Oldham
- Mossley Hollins High, Tameside
- Inspire Academy Ashton, Tameside
The Department for Education announced that in case of a positive case in schools, it is not expecting whole bubbles to be sent home. Only close contacts need to be isolated. But the experts say it is hard to determine close contacts in primary classes where social distancing is somewhat impractical.
Peter Middleman, northwest regional secretary for the National Education Union, said: “We’re concerned but not surprised that the government’s big bang’ approach to wider school reopening has caused further disruption to learning and renewed uncertainty for parents with the first few days.”