Local legends, national business leaders, and subject experts are among the fantastic speakers lined up for the Believe in Business Festival, an unmissable day for local firms.
The headline act, Martin Ainscough CBE DL, head of the Ainscough Group, will be sharing insights from his extensive 40-year business experience.
Next month’s event will feature two sets of panels running throughout the Festival – one aimed at startup businesses and the other focused on more established companies.
The topics have been chosen by businesses for businesses, spearheaded by the local Business Consortium.
Councillor David Molyneux MBE, Leader of Wigan Council, said: “This truly is an event tailored to businesses, by businesses, with our local Business Consortium identifying the biggest challenges for companies in 2024, ensuring that attendees get the most out of their time.”
“By bringing together knowledgeable speakers, passionate business people, and organizations that are there to help and support you on your business journey, this Festival will provide an excellent start to the year,” added Councillor David Molyneux MBE.
The panels and speakers for the Festival include:
- Empowering Growth with Financial Solutions, featuring the British Business Bank, Caledonian Travel, 3PL, Aspire Accounts, and the Business Growth Hub
- The talent challenge – attracting and retaining your key asset with speakers from Wigan & Leigh College, DWP, FoodPro, Impressions Uniform, Tilbury Douglas, and the Good Employment Charter
- Think local – building opportunity and capacity in your supply chain with Connolly’s, Nice-Pak, Wigan Council, and MAC Construction
- Harnessing effective Financial Management Is The Key To Success with speakers from ASH Integrated Services, Hull Jady Chartered Accountants, NRB Accountants, and Enterprising You
- People are your biggest asset – a different approach to recruitment, including speakers from Heinz, One & All, and Barton’s Bottlers
- Does Marketing Really Matter, with Just Bee Social, ATTAIN, and Launch North West
Jonathan Twist, managing director of Gee Tee’s Retail and Wholesale and member of the Wigan Borough Business Consortium, said: “This day will be the biggest networking opportunity for Wigan Borough businesses this year.
“We know that many Wigan Borough businesses want to collaborate with other borough-based companies, and this Festival is an invaluable chance to make connections, get to know other people, and become part of our fantastic business community.
“By booking your ticket and investing just £10 and a few hours of your time, you will be setting your business and yourself up for success – this is a day that should not be missed.”
In addition to the panels and speakers, the Festival will also include various business support stands, with representatives ready to assist from Green Economy, GMCA, Proper Good, DWP, the council’s Corporate Procurement, Invest in Wigan, the GM Chamber of Commerce, apprenticeship support, and more.
To find out more and secure your business’ ticket, please visit the Believe in Business Festival website.