Twenty more people have died after their positive coronavirus test results at Greater Manchester’s hospitals. Recently, the number of death is one of the highest total recorded in only one day in the area.
National Health Service (NHS) is sharing an update on fatalities each and every day.
According to the latest reports yesterday, there were higher hospital applications than at the start of the lockdown in March.
Jane Eddleston, a consultant in intensive care medicine, said: “Thirty per cent of our critical care beds are taken up with Covid patients, and this is starting to impact on the services we provide for other patients.”
Here are the total death toll at hospital trusts in Greater Manchester on October 13;
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust 260
- Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust 9
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust 484
- NHS Nightingale Hospital North West 6
- Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust 599
- Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust 6
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust 200
- Stockport NHS Foundation Trust 239
- Tameside & Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust 291
- The Christie NHS Foundation Trust 14
- Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust 270