Five men will appear in court charged with stealing vehicles with an estimated value of around £730,000.
They will all appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court on Monday 16 May 2022 charged with conspiracy to steal and going equipped.
The five are:
- Michael Andrews (12/09/1989), of Bingley Road, Rochdale
- John Langley (18/04/1994), of Moss Street, Rochdale
- Shaun Arif Andrews (30/12/1993), of Geneva Terrace, Rochdale
- Faizal Hussain (09/08/1993), of Shaw Road, Oldham
- Nazish Shakeel (28/05/1992), of Northmoor Road, Longsight
All five men were remanded into custody ahead of the court appearances.
They were arrested by GMP’s Tactical Vehicle Intercept Unit on 13 May 2022 with the investigation carried out by officers from GMP’s Trafford district.
The offences involving the thefts of Ranger Rovers are alleged to have happened across the Greater Manchester and Cheshire areas between 18 April 2022 and 13 May 2022.