An eighth man has been charged with conspiracy to commit the murder of Christopher Hughes, who was sadly found dead earlier this year.
The 37-year-old was found just off White Moss Road South in the Skelmersdale area of Lancashire on Tuesday 22 February 2022.
A member of the public reported seeing a man being forced into the back of a vehicle on Almond Grove in the Worsley Hall area of Wigan on Friday 18 February 2022. An investigation was launched and officers established that this was likely to be Christopher. Extensive enquiries to find him were on-going when his body was discovered at 11am on Tuesday morning.
Martin Smith, (02/05/1988), of Laithwaite Road, Wigan, has now been charged and will appear at Wigan Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Friday 29 April 2022).
Seven other men have already been charged with the same offences in connection with the death, including:
- Alan Jaf (01/09/70) of Ridyard Street, Wigan
- Khalil Awla (01/01/74) of Greenwood Avenue, Wigan
- Erland Spahiu (13/10/88) of Uppingham, Skelmersdale
- Curtis Balbas (01/01/92) of Matheson Drive, Wigan
- Dean Smeaton O’Neill-Davey (12/08/92) of Bulteel Street, Wigan
- Mohammed Razgar, (01/01/1982), of Plane Avenue, Wigan
- Adrius Uzkuraitis (12/04/95) of Holly Road, Wigan
The remaining seven will next appear at Manchester Crown Square on 20 January 2022.
Anyone with information should contact police quoting Operation Feverfew via Public Portal or 0161 856 3400. Information can also be shared anonymously via the independent charity – Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.